Monday, May 23, 2011

Allen West Weekly Wrap Up

Weekly Wrap Up
I believe President Barack Obama is completely incorrect when it comes to his Middle East foreign policy. I was hoping that the President would clarify the statement at his AIPAC speech. However, the President did not rectify the unconscionable policy faux pas statement on "pre-1967 borders" to resolve the Middle East peace process. He did not seek an honorable way to publicly apologize; in turn I have come to one concluding assessment: America has a President who lacks moral courage and integrity when it comes to America's long standing relationship with Israel. Here is a statement I released after the President's Speech last week. Please see the statement here.

I say this based upon a speech that then - Senator Obama gave to AIPAC a mere three years ago emphasizing a totally different policy position. In reviewing history, I would say Sir Neville Chamberlain was naive in his negotiations with German Chancellor Adolph Hitler. However, when one examines the current state of affairs in the Middle East, including the Fatah-Hamas reconciliation pact, increase of rocket/mortar attacks from Gaza, the definitive Hamas Charter statement vowing the destruction of Israel, and the Hamas condemnation of America for killing Osama bin Laden... I cannot attribute this incompetent statement to naïveté, but rather to conscious, nefarious, and malicious intent.

Yes, I am very aware these words and the statement I released will be carried forward all across America, and possibly beyond – and yes they are strong words. However, it is time that someone rose up to speak the truth. The statement President Obama made, one without sharing with Prime Minister Netanyahu, is one of the most insidious and heinous policy statements ever made by any United States President, and completely unacceptable. I will not sit back idly and watch us saunter down the road to perdition!
Thanks Congressman West. I totally agree and admire your courage.

Keep up the GOOD WORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment