Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why Sotomayer is not Qualified

Supreme Court Nominee Sonia Sotomayor in Her Own Words

Two examples that disqualify her. One racist and sexist, the other a total disregard of The Constitution:
I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion [as a judge] than a white male who hasn’t lived that life....
“All of the legal defense funds out there, they’re looking for people with Court of Appeals experience. Because it is — Court of Appeals is where policy is made. And I know, and I know, that this is on tape, and I should never say that. Because we don’t ‘make law,’ I know. [Laughter from audience] Okay, I know. I know. I’m not promoting it, and I’m not advocating it. I’m, you know. [More laughter] Having said that, the Court of Appeals is where, before the Supreme Court makes the final decision, the law is percolating. Its interpretation, its application....
Anyone this racist and sexist with blatant disregard for The Constitution has no place as a judge, jurist, or especially the Supreme Court.

Call your Senators and Congressman every day and let them know where you stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment